The Mantra Continues into the New Year = Deep Student Learning and Profound Instruction!
Listening to Teresa Amabalia in the Principle Progress, when students make gains academically, they also gain confidence, improve their behavior, and want to attend school. Imagine the power behind all of us committing to strategies within the QFI Model that elicit academic interaction from every student every class period.
Here Is What I Am Noticing after visiting Classrooms from Every School at Least Two Times This Fall
- Shown meta-cognitively “how-to”
- Given process or task feedback at the moment
- Granted the opportunity to speak about their understanding
- Taught the information was chunked into sections or criterion or steps
Given time to talk in breakout rooms or small groups
- Given time to articulate their knowledge verbally